- A sandbox token is issued for you to test submitting checks via your sign-up form. Only dummy data is returned, so there are no charges incurred.
- A live token is issued for you to ensure the quality of data submitted and maximise match rates. Live data is returned, so you will be charged for the checks you run.
- After data quality has been verified, you are clear to push the integration to your live environment.
Use Case A is a Ride Sharing platform. Sample Workflow:
- Ride Sharing platform collects user information at a specific point in the user journey
- Information is sent to Onfido via API
- Express check is triggered instantly and performed by Onfido
- Ride Sharing platform receives results via API
Use case B is a marketplace that hires contractors. The market place is connected to Onfido indirectly via an Onboarding Platform, such as Greenhouse or OnboardIQ. Sample Workflow:
- Marketplace finds and interviews a candidate through Onboarding Platform
- Marketplace asks Onboarding Platform to do background check on the candidate.
- Onboarding Platform sends email address and name of the candidate to Onfido through their API
- Onfido collects all the information from the candidate and runs a background check
- Onfido sends results of the background check to Onboarding Platform
- Onboarding Platform displays results on their website
- Marketplace uses background check as another piece of information to decide if they want to move to the next step with the candidate.
How does the user flow look for the Applicant Form?
- The applicant receives an email with a link to Onfido’s Applicant Form
- The applicant will need to enter all the information needed to perform the check and might be prompted to upload documents, depending on the selected check. The applicant can enter the required information in multiple sessions. Onfido saves the information entered each time the applicant proceeds to the next page within the Applicant Form.
- If the applicant has to pay for the check, he or she will be prompted to enter their card details at the end of the Applicant Form.
- After the applicant has submitted the Applicant Form Onfido performs the checks requested by the client and returns the results to them via the dashboard