A Watchlist Check provides an alert (on the dashboard) or notifies you (if you are integrated with our API) if an applicant is listed on any global watchlists including: Government Sanctions Lists, Politically Exposed Persons Lists, Anti-Terrorism Watchlists, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Watchlists, CIA Watchlists, Global and Disqualified Directors.
Are you using our dashboard?
Onfido’s Watchlist Check will return one of two results; ‘Clear’ or ‘Consider’.
When a check is returned as clear, this will be clear for all three of the checks sub-categories.
- Name match: Results will be listed of the names that have been matched during the search.
- Watchlist Type: This will define what type of hit has been matched for this individual based on the list type
- Sources: The type of source where the match was made will be listed here
- Source: A URL (if available) of where the match was made will be provided here.
- Image: A URL (if available) of where any image matches have been made.
- Date of birth: Any date of births matched to the individual will be listed here, different sources can provide the incorrect/inaccurate date of births for an individual.
Are you integrated with our API?
Please visit our API documentation for further information and examples
Note: Onfido’s PEPs Definition and ranking are based on the FATF version:
For further documentation on Onfido’s watchlist coverage please contact email@example.com